What to do if you need food
- Have you asked your friends, neighbours, relatives who can get out of the house to buy you food?
- Are you able to afford food but are in isolation and have no one who can bring it over, or are you waiting too long for deliveries?
- Check out this document which lists all the food available to buy in County Durham areas. It includes lots of local producers, butchers and greengrocers who are delivering. Watch this space for all the info in map form…
- (NB This is an open source document, which means it can be added to and edited by YOU! If you can see anything we’ve missed, please add it, and join the Facebook group for updates too.)
- Have you explored what support is available in your community?
- There are many Mutual Aid Facebook groups where local people and neighbours are helping each other. County Durham Mutual Aid has a phone number you can ring: 0191 649 8893
- Durham Locate is being updated all the time listing organisations who offer support.
- County Durham Together community hub is open 10.00am until to 3.00pm on weekends for those in self isolation who need help to get food shopping, medicines or general help and guidance – call 03000 260 260 or visit http://www.durham.gov.uk/covid19help